Happy National Rural Health Day! Each year the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health and its partners set aside the third Thursday of November to celebrate National Rural Health Day (NRHD). NRHD is an opportunity to “Celebrate the Power of Rural.”
Nearly 60 million people live and work in rural America. It is a great place to live and work, however, it produces unique health care challenges. NRHD helps educate about these challenges and highlights the innovation and collaboration used by health care providers to improve quality of care. Over the years, the fifty State Offices of Rural Health and the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health have worked to improve health care in rural America. This past year we hoped to transform NRHD from a single day event into a sustainable movement. With your support, we can keep matters of rural health top of mind and in the hearts of those who can, and are, making a positive difference.
Join the Montana Office of Rural Health in Celebrating the Power of Rural!!!
A huge thank you to Senator Tester and Congressman Gianforte for showing their support of National Rural Health Day. Watch their statements on National Rural Health Day here:
Host National Rural Health Day Activities for a Chance to Win $100!
The Montana Office of Rural Health invites health organizations, schools and rural communities to sponsor National Rural Health Day Activities to celebrate the power of rural and help transform this day into a movement!
Share photos and descriptions of the activities your organization sponsored for NRHD to be entered into a drawing for $100.
Submit activities to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 12th! The winning organization will be announced on November 18th!
Ways to celebrate:
- Host a Walk with a Doc and register the activity with NOSORH. Learn more here!
- Invite everyone in your organization to Take the Pledge! The Pledge to Partner was designed to help NOSORH strategically align with people like you who want to achieve higher performance and visibility, optimize our collective contributions, and realize complementary objectives that advance the rural health mission.
- Display NRHD posters and spread the word on your organization’s social media accounts! use #powerofrural on all of your posts!
- Host an employee appreciation luncheon
- Have a community wide photo contest, health career interview contest or coloring contest!