Worksite Wellness – Promoting Nutritious Eating
Promoting Nutritious Eating
- Eating healthy foods extends your life and improves your health. A healthy diet can help you sidestep ailments such as heart disease, hypertension, cancer, and cataracts. (https://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/tips-for-a-longer-life)
- Research suggests that “healthy” food choices such as eating fruits and vegetables have not only physical but also mental health benefits and might be a long-term investment in future well-being.
- Healthy diets can contribute to an adequate body weight
- A healthy diet can protect the human body against certain types of diseases, in particular noncommunicable diseases such as obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, some types of cancer and skeletal conditions. (http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/disease-prevention/nutrition/a-healthy-lifestyle/benefits-of-a-balanced-diet)
- Every 5 years, the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion publishes Dietary Guidelines for Americans. This is the Nation’s go-to source for nutrition advice.
Related RHI Profiles