Montana’s Rural Health Initiative hosts regular webinars. Here are the upcoming events!
Montana Healthy Communities Webinar Series:
As a follow up to the 2015 Montana Healthy Communities Conference, the Montana Rural Health Initiative (a program of MT AHEC/Office of Rural Health) is launching a webinar series and mini-grants.
The purpose is to help communities hatch and grow projects that encourage a collective impact approach to improving community health and address “upstream” factors that influence health through cross-sector collaboration. The first webinar will highlight the benefits of and lessons learned by multi-sector partners as they implemented a Health Impact Assessment (HIA) for the Big Sky Villas affordable housing complex rehabilitation project in Belgrade, MT. An HIA helps identify the potential health effects of project proposals and offers practical options that maximize health benefits and mitigate health risks. Presenters include Lori Christenson, MPH, Chronic Disease Prevention Program Manager, Gallatin City-County Health Department, Tracy Menuez, Special Projects Officer, Human Resource Development Council, and Cathy Costakis, MS, Senior Consultant-Built Environment, Montana State University.
Montana Team Nutrition Webinar Series:
- School Wellness Policy: September 14, 2:00-2:30. Register Here!
- MT Crunch Time: September 29, 3:00-4:00 pm. Register Here!
- MT School Food Production Records Best Practices: October 27, 2:00-3:00 pm. Register Here!
- MT Harvest of the Month – Overview: November 2, 3:30-4:00. Register Here!
- Montana School Wellness Policy Success Stories Part 1: December 6, 2:00-2:30. Register Here!
- Montana School Wellness Policy Success Stories Part 2: February 9, 2:00-2:30. Register Here!
- Montana Harvest of the Month Educator Focused: February 16, 3:00-4:00 pm. Register Here!
Past Webinars: To view past webinars, please visit http://healthinfo.montana.edu/health-wellness/rhi-webinars.html