Each year, Roundup Memorial Healthcare hosts a community health fair in Roundup, MT to promote healthy eating, physical activity, health services, and other local health and wellness resources. The event is sponsored by Roundup Memorial Healthcare and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana. The mission of Roundup Memorial Healthcare is to deliver safe, patient-centered care with kindness. The health fair allows the staff at Roundup Memorial Healthcare to meet and learn alongside fellow community members.
The focus of the health fair is to collaborate and partner with local health centered programs and services to bring the best care to the residents of Musselshell County and the surrounding areas. The health fair will include:
- 5k run beginning at 9 am
- Volleyball tournament beginning at 10 am
- Free A1C, cholesterol, and glucose testing
- Highly discounted vitamin D, Hepatitis C, and folate testing
- Free lunch
- 40+ educational booths
- Free blood pressure checks
- Free diabetic consultations, glucometers, and test strips from Roundup’s community care coordinator
- Free raffle giveaways geared towards healthy living including a fit bit, mountain bike, gym membership, water park passes, blood pressure monitors, and gift baskets!
Over the past three years, the health fair has provided around 250 free A1C tests that have helped to diagnose people in their community with diabetes. The 3rd Annual Roundup Memorial Health Fair will take place in Roundup City Park on August 11, 2018 and admission is free. More information can be found here!