The Montana Asthma Control Program is a grant funded program that focuses on the 0-17 age group to improve their quality of life. Identifying environmental factors and asthma triggers helps with the overall management of asthma. An Asthma Control Nurse will focus on educating your child and family to help reduce office visits caused by asthma attacks.
What the program provides:
· Free asthma related patient education materials
· 4-6 Free in-home visits over a 12 month time
· Free hypoallergenic mattress covers and pillow case covers
· If quality of air is poor in-house, free humidifier
· Free one-on-one education from the Asthma Control Nurse
· Form an Asthma Action Plan individualized to your child
· EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION!
Contact Jeri Erickson, LPN, Asthma Control Program Case Manager at 395-4305 or 390-2210.